- Now you can find a point on the map by its coordinates. The function is available in the main menu. Both decimal coordinates and degrees can be used as input. Also, now app can open coordinates from third-party applications (e.g. from Google Photo) – you can mark waypoints on your track, where certain photos were taken.
- Added new measurement units – nautical miles. The option is available in the display settings.
- Added support for closed paths from KML files (LinearRing). Polygons are imported as closed line paths in the application.
- Improved algorithms for calculating statistics: maximum speed, elevations, vertical distances, slopes. Many of you sent reports, where maximum speed was higher or lower than expected. Vertical distances were often overestimated, because the application reacted to any minor changes in elevation – now the algorithm takes into account only those segments where the vertical distance begins to change direction. I tried to take into account all of your reports. Thanks to everyone who sent in their tracks and helped with debugging!
- The maximum amount of cached data for OSM maps and Mapbox’s satellite images has been increased (from 50 to 256 mb).
- When copying coordinates, you can now choose the format (decimal or degrees). To do this, you need to long tap the copy button.
- When saving screenshots, you can take a screenshot of statistics only, without a map. To do this, you need to long tap the save or share screenshot button.
- Added new options in custom record profile settings for recording rate and minimum distance.
- Added a setting to completely hide the bottom status bar. This option is available in the display settings.
- Fixed rare issue, where tracks could not export correctly.
- Fixed rare issue, which caused abnormally large values in statistics. To correct statistics for already recorded track, you can export in any format (GPX/KML/KMZ) and then import back into the application. The easiest way to do this is through the “Share” option below the track name in the list. This “life hack” also works on previous versions, by the way.
- During stops, the speed on the charts did not drop to zero. This issue has also been fixed.
- Sometimes, when adding a marker, it was added to the wrong track (In the “add marker” dialog, by default, the last opened track was selected in the list, and this is where the marker was added. If you opened another track after starting the recording – marker was added there). Now, if a marker is automatically attached to a track (when a marker is added with a long tap on the map), it is added to this track by default. In other cases, the current recording track is selected by default, and only if the recording is not in progress – the last selected one. You can always select the desired track in the list, in the “add marker” dialog (if several tracks are opened).
- The selected folder for export/import was often reset – this was fixed.
- Sometimes, when editing tracks in third-party programs, they “got corrupted” and failed to open back in Geo Tracker. Also fixed with the new version.
- After removing the marker, focusing on the track might not work quite correctly. This was also fixed in the new version.
- When recording a track, its display on the map sometimes lagged. In the new version, the lag should be less or absent.
- Several typos in the settings descriptions have been fixed.
You can get the new version as usual, from Google Play. And here you can download APK files directly, if you still didn’t receive the update through Google Play:
Hi. Thanks for your great app.
Your app is simple and highly efficient.
An issue: It is very important to change the color of the tracks when loading several tracks at the same time. This feature is not available in Goe.
Hi, thanks for your feedback! This feature is my to-do list, hope to add it in one of the future versions.
Ciao, volevo chiederti se c’è un limite di velocità oltre il quale Geo non registra più…Lo sto usando con il quad e spesso interrompe la registrazione.
There is no such limit. Could you please try the latest version from here? http://geo-tracker.ru/version-5-0-4-whats-new/
There were a lot of improvements in recording, most probably your issue was also fixed.
Also please make sure you disabled battery optimisations for Geo Tracker in system settings. You can find the instructions how to do it for your device here: https://dontkillmyapp.com/
If the issue would still remain, don’t hesitate to contact me by email (you can do it directly from the app, by using “Report a problem” option from “About” screen).
Perso un pezzo di commento: …e spesso la registrazione si interrompe.
because right now the gps is in Addison and it comes out like it’s here at my house and I live in Irving, I don’t understand
Hello, unfortunately Geo Tracker is intended to track only your own movements. You cannot track other device’s location with Geo Tracker.
First, thank you for this great app, I have been using it for years, since the fall of Microsoft streets and trips,
A question I do have, is thier any way to combine all the map files to one file? No just showing them on the map as one trip, but take 3 or 4 or more files and combining them to one.
Hi Christopher, thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately there is no such option yet, but I hope to add it into one of the future versions.
Please allow Geotracker to work offline either with downloaded Google or other custom maps … please …
happy to pay monthly for ability to use offline maps as Im sure many others would
This is an option I’m currently working on! Hope there will be an option to download some region for offline work. Also please note, that if you view some region of the map in various zoom levels – it gets downloaded to local storage (cached) and becomes available while offline for some time. Google’s cache is rather small, but OSM maps and Mapbox’s satellite images do this kind of caching rather well.
thanks for your reply …
just to let you know that geo tracker is the perfect app for enduro and adventure bikers .. its simple fast .. set and forget to record or follow .. easy to set points/pins .. just easy to use and does everything you need …. awesome app … but in my country phone service is poor outside of cities so off line maps are essential …
thanks again for your speedy reply
I want to recalculate total distance from the KML file data (lat/long/alt/speed/course) and would like to know what is the calculation to use
If I got your question correctly, you can export the track to KML file and import it back again – this will cause statistics (and total distance) to be recalculated.