In order for Geo Tracker to record tracks in background correctly without interruptions on Vivo devices, you need to make several additional settings in the system:
1. Open System settings > Battery > Battery saver and switch off the toggle “Use battery saver”.
2. Open System settings > Battery > Background power consumption management > Geo Tracker and select “Don’t restrict background power usage”.
3. “Lock” Geo Tracker. To do this, open the app itself and minimize it by tapping the central button. Next go to app switcher by the bottom-right “sandwich” button. Tap the small arrow near “Geo Tracker” title and select “Lockdown” – the lock icon will appear near “Geo Tracker” title.
All set up, you’re good to go tracking!
The latest version of Geo Tracker (5.1.3) can calculate ski statistics now!
At the meantime, 6 parameters are calculated:
- Number of slopes
- Total length of all ski slopes
- Total duration of all ski slopes
- Average speed on slopes
- Average length of a single slope
- Average duration of a single slope
The section with ski statistics is included on the main screen with statistics, it is collapsed by default. In order to recalculate ski statistics for previously recorded tracks, you need to import them back again (the easiest way to do this is by clicking on the “Share” button under the track name in the list and choosing Geo Tracker from the target dialog). Also, if you don’t need ski statistics at all, you can turn it off in the display settings. The function is available to users with active subscription.
You can install the beta version by joining the beta program at the app page on Google Play, or by using one of the direct links below:
In the most recent version of Geo Tracker 5.1.3 users who subscribed for Geo Tracker now have an opportunity to automate track recording using popular apps, like Tasker or MacroDroid.
Here you can find instructions how to create task in Tasker, which can start, stop, pause or resume track recording in Geo Tracker. Created task can be used in Tasker profiles to automate track recording – by schedule, events, etc. You can even set up voice commands for Google Assistant via AutoVoice! There is plenty of instruction over internet on how to archive this.
When you create a new task in Tasker, select “System” and “Send Intent”:
On the next screen:
android.intent.action.VIEW into field “Action”
- Put one of the following into field “Data”:
- To start recording a new track:
- To stop current recording:
- To pause current recording:
- To resume current recording:
Activity into field “Target”
Leave all other fields as they are.
PS. You can set up Geo Tracker integration in other automation apps in a similar way.
PPS. For developers: if you want to call Geo Tracker from inside of your app, you can do it like this:
val intent = Intent.parseUri("geotracker://recorder/start", 0)
In order for Geo Tracker to record tracks in background correctly without interruptions on Huawei devices, you need to make several additional settings in the system:
Open System settings > Battery and make sure “Power saving mode” is switched off:
Next, on the same screen tap “App launch”, find “Geo Tracker” in the list and tap the toggle to the right of it. New window will appear, please make sure all three toggles here are switched on – «Auto-launch», «Secondary launch» and «Run in background»:
If you set everything up correctly, this apps list will look like this:
Also app will suggest you to turn off battery optimizations on recording start, if they are turned on (this is the default). Please confirm it, if you want the tracks to be recorded correctly in background.
Some extra information can be found on dontkillmyapp.com.